Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 May 2002 22:18:24 -0700
From:         Ward Smith <wsmith@SAN.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bus Depot order line?
Comments: To: "Terry K." <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>

FYI Terry:

Perkiomenville is near Philidelphia. approx. 742.8 miles from you. Sheesh. You still use an atlas? Get with the times. Try Yahoo.com.

Maybe the guy from Volkscafe would like to chime in and give his responce? Hello. Hello? That's odd, Ron spends a lot of time answering questions on this list (On the clock, of course, right Ron?). Doesn't every supplier?

No.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems Ron has already buried this horse. Stop beating it.

I am lucky enough to live in Southern California, so I have my pick of half a dozen parts stores within walking distance that have just about every part in stock I could need to restore my bus(es). I still appreciate the companies that are out there to cater to our hobby, and I think they all need our support if we are to expect theirs.

Hey, they don't call it the Keystone state for nothing....

GL Ron,

Ward

We Are....

Ron-- You are most absolutely correct on the last order----

Which was placed, as I was searching for the order which was made on the 5th of April---and received it in the afternoon of the 25th----

Look---

I am not here to bum rap anyone---

And I don't say a word about much, unless something is wrong---

And I do believe 20 days to get parts to the Chicago area, from PA. is really crazy---don't you Ron?

If several of your supplier's, published as well as promised reasonably fast delivery-- 7 to 10 day's--- and it wound up being double that--you most certainly would be a bit miffed also---

And I'm sure it does happen occasionally but not almost every time you place an order---

And again, I am not pissed--but here is the real kicker----

I won an auction at E-Bay--for some rotor's and brakes, from the volkscafe--- I added to that auction--bearings, and seals---

This all happened on Saturday the 20th---

The stuff was shipped on Monday the 22nd, and got a verification of shipment E-Mail message, and a thanks---and received the order on Friday the 26th---

And here is the best--If I had wanted the same service from the BD--I would have had to ask for it--payed a premium above and beyond the cost of the parts and shipping, to get the order in the same amount of time----

And remember, the other place is in California--about 2500 miles away----

How far is Perkiomenville PA. from the Windy--?

Wait a minute --I'll go look-------

OK--I'm back

It isn't even in my Atlas---

But Pittsburgh is 458 miles---so let's give it a round number---500 miles---

How is it possible to get parts from another parts house 5 times the distance, in 1/3rd of the time?

Is this right?

Just doesn't make any sense to me----

Anyway-- am not bitching about anything--just trying figure this out---

I didn't get any calls as promised on the prior order, after me taking the time to inquire after 2.5 weeks, and the calling again on the 22nd--and then on the 25th----the day the stuff got here---

I know your electronic equipment went down--but not until the week of the 15th----

You can't please all of the people all of the time ---but I would like to get a little belly rubbing just once in awhile---:>)

Now don't go responding tho this message, acting the part of the honourable Mayor Richard J Daley----in volume's, and not really saying much----

Just be a straight up guy--and make it short, sweet, and to the point----and above all else--shoot straight from the hip---- No going around the block to get to the point----

Oh---

Thanks for getting the shocks out in a fast,reasonable amount of time---I appreciate it--

I do hope things improve for you, in your processing department---

Later,

Terry--

http://community.webtv.net/CTONLINE/TerrysHighOnLife