Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 May 2002 11:44:22 -0700
From:         phil stanhope <napszeerf@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mini Cooper in FL??? (NVC)

> I have a Mini Cooper that I use as a daily driver, > as well as a little Fiat > 500 that I drive to work once or twice a week. (The > latter looks like a > sunroof Beetle that got shrunk in the wash; 2 > cylinder, rear-engined, > aircooled, with a top speed of 60 mph.) You have to > have a different > mindset when you drive a microcar.

DITTO!! I refuse to install a stereo in my Mini becouse I dont want ANY extra distractions(or weight:) When I drive my Mini I get in an Alpha brainwave state of mind where my pineal gland gets to work and I can see thru caddilac and Lincoln SUVS:)

"It's like riding > a motorcycle; you have > to stay alert and drive defensively, because no > matter how good a driver you > may be, if the other driver swerves into your lane > (such as the blue haired > lady in the Lincoln), you're toast."

Yep!,thats why I have front vented rotors/four pot disc brakes so I can stop on a dime. AND I keep both hands glued to the wheel becouse The LSD(Limited slip Differential) tends to make the mini swing left or right when you hammer down on the throttle

"That's why, for > example, while I keep a > spare childs car seat in the back of the Mini just > for emergencies, when I > take my 3 year old daughter with me I drive the > Westy.

Kudos on ya Ron, old Minis are for adults only:)...on the other hand, the new Minis are pretty safe for small cars (Obligatory Vanagon > content :-) > > - Ron Salmon > The Bus Depot, Inc. > (215) 234-VWVW > www.busdepot.com > > p.s. I periodically have a Mini or a Fiat 500 > available for sale, if anyone > has a burning desire to become a hood ornament on a > Lincoln themselves. > They're kind of a hobby of mine. I think they're > small enough to ship via > UPS. :-)