Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 May 2002 20:05:40 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: diesel gas conversion - fourth day
Comments: To: Matt Ratto <mratto@WEBER.UCSD.EDU>

A grinder with a cut-off wheel, or a dremel. A sawzall, or, just pound the wall back about two three inches with a sledge and paint it- it won't be seen after the manifold is in. Can't answer the CIS-e questions, I have Digifant ll.

Robert 1982 Westfalia (formerly Diesel)

----- Original Message ----- Wrom: LKBRNVWWCU Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 7:08 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: diesel gas conversion - fourth day

OK. Well, it's finally in. When we last left our heros, they had taken a little bit off the input shaft and were getting ready to put the gas engine in. Well, guess what?

We didn't cut off enough. Soon as we tightened everything up the engine started to bind. So, we pulled the engine out, measured as best we could, trimmed the shaft and tried again.

Not enough off. Still binding. Pull, measure (a little better this time), trim, and try again.

Success! Still, most of the day gone. But it's in. Now for the cutting to fit the intake manifold, fuel system and electrics.

Does anyone have any advice on the best tool to use the do the cutting of the sheet metal? Maybe something cheap to buy? Also, I've read what others have done to extend the fuel lines to the fuel distributor. Does anyone have any other solutions than having the lines custom made?

onwards and upwards...

Matt '82 Westy reduxGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com