Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 May 2002 00:01:44 -0500
From:         "Terry K." <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: HELP! Sliding window removal
Comments: To: Mark Dorm <mark_hb@HOTMAIL.COM>

I have a tool that looks like a cotter pin puller, only with a ball on the end rather than a point----

I run the tool around the perimeter of the glass and the moulding spaing WD-40 as I separate the rubber bond from the window frame--use alot of WD-40--ad keep working the tool arond the rubber to insure the rubber's release from the frame, and jst start in one corner, and push the window out---that's it----

This is the exact way to remove the windsheild withot cracking it---

Later,

Terry

E-mail message From Mark Dorm

I'd like an answer on this as well. I have the old wrecked sliding door in storage and want to remove the glass and throw out the rest of the door. Also, can you remove the glass that slides from the frame it slides in? I see there are four notches in the frame for the button mechanism, but only three are usable because of the rubber in the upper rear corner.

From: TJ Hemrick