Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 May 2002 12:59:12 -0500
From:         Marshall <mjruskin@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Camping Report - 1st camp-out of the year

Hi Volks:

For those in Manitoba, I have really good news: West Hawk Lake campround is available for camping all year long.

There was a sign on the office door that said, "Campground closed for the season. Feel free to use the campsites to camp in" or something to that effect.

For those not from Manitoba, West Hawk Lake is a meteor impact lake, it is extremely deep, (I think about 200 meters), and is almost perfectly round.

I was cold and sunny yesterday, and as soon as the sun got low, Sassy (my dog) and I retired for the evening.

For those that are wondering about this, there is nothing about my relationship with Sassy that could get me into trouble in any state.

I used the Coleman BlackCat (catalytic) heater for warmth, and with the pop-top closed, it is plenty warm enough. I ran out of fuel sometime near 3:30 AM, so it'd be good to rig a hose from a large propane cylinder to feed the heater.

At about 4:00 AM, Sassy sat down on the pillow beside my head, and woke me up. I told the dog to move, and it did.

Next thing I know, the dog is standing with it's hind legs on my pillow, looking out the window. I tell the dog to move, so it sits down.

This kind of thing went on for 1/2 hour, and I got so fed up, I drove home.

On the transCanada, just past the PetroCanada, there's a good 24 hour restaurant, where I had the CardioDisease special, with coffee, for $3.95.

Got home, Went to bed, and just woke up to about 2cm of snow.

Gotta remember to close the window next time.

Marshall Ruskin Winnipeg, Canada 84 Westy