Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 May 2002 20:14:10 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: fuel economy in campers
Comments: To: Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>

Also (you knew there was an also, didn't you?), If your in-town trips are only 5 or 6 miles long, you are almost never getting out of open loop operations, and never driving with a fully warmed up (neither efficient nor clean running) engine. You are also consigning your exhaust system to an early demise, since it never quite gets hot enough to convert all of the byproducts of combustion (water) from a liquid to a gaseous state.

I live in Phoenix, AZ. Big metro area, especially geographically. I can drive all city miles and still get 19 - 20 mpg, but it's commonly 75 mile trips, all of them in-town.

Karl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel Walker" <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 1:46 PM Subject: fuel economy in campers