Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 May 2002 21:38:42 -0700
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: diesel gas conversion - fifth day
Comments: To: Matt Ratto <mratto@WEBER.UCSD.EDU>

I have been quite successful in using the Vanagon fuel pumps - most A2 model Golf and Jetta have internal fuel pumps that do not work on the Vanagon. The Vanagon fuel pump will fit in it's regular hiding place under the sliding door and you will have a 'stock' setup as far as getting parts is concerned. On the Vanagon it goes TANK -> PUMP -> FILTER -> MOTOR -> TANK

As far as the fuel lines are concerned - don't waste your money getting custom lines made up! Most hydraulic shops sell brass sleeves that have semi-barbed fitting on it that once a pipe is installed it ain't coming off! You need to cut your existing lines, get some 100PSI or better hose and 'splice' these in where you made the cut - I can see maybe $30 USD at the most after you buy 8 sleeves and some hose to go in there - don't need the braided stuff - just some good quality 100PSI fuel line.

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

- Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models