Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 May 2002 07:54:54 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Warning:  Don't buy cheap exterior mirrors
Comments: To: Willolyn99@AOL.COM

Boy, sure am glad you're not driving in Phoenix anymore! ;-)

I also have all three pointed the same way, or at least close, so that I have three different points of view of the scene I want to see. I don't much use the interior rear-view (drive a truck for a while - you learn not to look for it in the middle of the windshield). The two side views tell me what's going on right rear and left rear. The right side mirror is also pointed down a bit to aid in parallel parking.

Side views should be adjusted so that you can see just a bit of the van reflected as a visual reference point.

BTW, to stay true to the subject line, When my mirrors get floppy, I remove them and tighten them a turn or so. After a half dozen or so tightenings, the studs pull out, and then I but a new mirror (I spent hours trying to fix one once, and once is enough). What is that, about $30 every couple hundred thousand miles? I hope I can afford that!

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Marshall" <Willolyn99@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 5:56 AM Subject: Re: Warning: Don't buy cheap exterior mirrors