Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 May 2002 18:38:59 -0700
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: diesel gas conversion - which header?
Comments: To: jon.sykes@PS.GE.COM

The best fitting I have used is the dual outlet Audi 80 manifold - it also flows well too! Currently on my 2.0L Digifant II setup on my Syncro 16 I am using a 1978 Audi Fox manifold and a Chrysler K-Car muffler - no cat, no resonator - it sounds very well! The secret to success is a short pipe system that is firmly bolted to the engine. Mine is only attached to the passenger side exhaust mount and there is only a *slight* vibration at about 3500 RPM when I REALLY mat the pedal under load - no flex pipes on my system - they break after time. Both the Audi 80 and Audi Fox manifolds point forward - which gives you room to make a nice bend to the back. Too the local "1 minute muffler" about 1.5h to make my exhaust. The O2 sensor was accomplished by welding a nut at the point with the header pipes merge.

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

- Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models