Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 May 2002 23:18:34 +0200
From:         Robert Steven Fish <fish@SALZBURG.CO.AT>
Subject:      Re: Red star
Comments: To: Todd Francis <tbf@PACIFIER.COM>

Hi,

From what I have heard, there was a line of VW Multivans produced in Europe called "BlueStar", "WhiteStar", and "RedStar"... one does not have to be a genius to figure out what color these all were.

Anyway, they are the equivalent basically of a Wolfsburg I think. They have the fiberglass bumpers, and heated/electric mirrors, and all the options like power steering, A/C, etc. These were made in 1990-1991 I believe, could have also been made earlier.

There is one to look at on eBay Germany... it looks like they made some modifications to it though:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1728643178

The really sweet ones I see around here though, are the "Limited Last Editions". They are all individually numbered on the decal, and were made in 92-93 in Austria... I have not seen any Westfalia LLEs though... if they had one, that would be the ultimate car for me!

See ya,

RSF

Robert S. Fish Salzburg, Austria 1987 Wolfsburg Vanagon 2.1 GL Weekender 1987 Golf Cabriolet 1991 Golf

----- Original Message ----- From: "Todd Francis" <tbf@PACIFIER.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 11:11 PM Subject: Red star