Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 May 2002 10:57:16 -0500
From:         Chris Smith <chris.smith@AQUILA.NET>
Subject:      Re: The truth about Florida
Comments: To: Mark Dorm <mark_hb@HOTMAIL.COM>

Ever notice that about 1/2 of the "cops" show is shot in FloriDUH? Must be the heat.. I love the Keys, especially back in the "Conch Republic" days when you had to go through "customs" to get from the keys to the mainland! Orlando is a necessary evil. And Miami is just nuts, both in a good and bad way. The weather is better than Chicago by far, if you enjoy upper 80s. If you are a 65 degree person, try the pacific northwest.

I remember when R-12 was 1st outlawed. For a while there was better money in smuggling R-12 into Miami than coke. Also less machine guns. Now with all the alternative refrigerants, R-12 recycled from old equipment, and bootleg R-12 from overseas getting the stuff is easy, and no where near as expensive as it used to be.

As far as driving a Vanagon in the heat, be sure the roof is white. That will cut the interior temp by 20 degrees. Chris Smith Back in Chicago for good.