Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 May 2002 10:51:40 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tempurature
Comments: To: Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>

Ben,

Usually you are a source of good information, but this time, not so good.

First, the high speed fan kicks in at the correct temperature; that is when climbing a long steep grade or a similar situation where the engine is being stressed beyond normal limits.

If you are having problems with your cooling system, perhaps your radiator is clogged, or you may have an air bubble in the system. The Vanagon cooling system works quite well, and really does not need to be tinkered with.

You may drive it all day with the gauge at 3/4. Nothing really wrong with that. Should it continue to climb above that point, it is good to keep a sharp eye on it, and be prepared to pull over IMMEDIATELY should you get the dreaded blinking red LED.

Second, if you choose to use the lower temperature thermostat, be prepared to lose about 2 miles per gallon of gas. The entire fuel injection system is tuned for the correct t'stat.

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben huot" <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 10:16 AM Subject: Re: Tempurature