Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 May 2002 17:02:21 -0400
From:         "Barry E. Muller" <bmuller@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Verettastine - Tires? - Veredestein
Comments: To: Derek Krueger <vanagon@DRKRU.COTSE.NET>

I have Veredestein Transport Steel on our 91 Carat. Excellent tire and a big improvement on the Firestones (it was sad - they were practically new) the PO had put on the bus. Handles extremely well in quartering and broadside winds with these tires (well over 20 mph gusts), I really couldn't tell any diffrence in those conditions from our regular cars (Jetta and Saab 900). Yes minimal raod noise (though louder than the Firestones - noticed that at first, but isn't so noticeable now), handle reaaly well in the wet and dry. Dunno about snow as I've only had 'em for a month and baout 1,000 miles. They also sell another tire called the Transport Snow, I believe - if you need traction in those conditions.

If there is a downside it is that they are pretty pricey IMHO. Don't know what M. Agilis go for, but can't imagine you'd be saving for much less time, if any, for these tires. On the plus side you don't have to worry about the load index - it is 109!!! They are a bit bigger than spec (205/75 r14 vs 205/70 r14), but do fit well. I am very pleased.

bem

----- Original Message ----- From: Derek Krueger <vanagon@DRKRU.COTSE.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2002 2:01 PM Subject: Verettastine - Tires?