Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 May 2002 21:09:23 +1200
From:         Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ>
Subject:      Re: all those tire postings...reducing cost of maintenance

>OH yea---this is really the way to go--- >If you think parts availability is bad for a stock Vanagon, go and find >yourself a Frankenstein morphodite----

So Subaru parts are hard to find? Methinks not. And since when is a huge improvement (power, reliability, maintenance) a Frankenstein morphodite (I'm surprised you could spell that!).

>This automatically means that the parts prices drop in half--immediately >for all the stuff you might ever need for the rest of the van--

Utter CRAP. There are people out there LOOKING for Subaru-repowered VW vans. They will pay MORE for one than a VW-"powered" one.

>Availability of parts? > >No problem---you can pick them all up at your local 7-11, or a >Wal-Mart---

In some parts of the world. here I have to send to other countries for parts. Like bumpers.

>What does a heart transplant have to do with prices, and >availability---?

It removes the biggest bugbear of these vans... the dreaded VW wasserboxer engine. So (once it's fitted) you don't have to SPEND ANY MONEY on the engine.

>This is the root of the original question Andrew---- > >Not how can he screw up a Van in one easy lesson---

*VW* screwed up the vans. Fitting a Subaru engine corrects this. A whole list of owners of Subaru-powered vans will tell you so. Don't keep displaying your unfounded bias and ignorance.

>And since when are Suburu engine parts cheap--? > >NOT--!!!!

Maybe not, but you wouldn't NEED them. They don't break or wear out.