Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 May 2002 21:25:04 -0400
From:         Data Services <dataservices@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Re: all those tire postings...reducing cost of maintenence
Comments: To: Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@stonebow.otago.ac.nz>

How do you get around the raised deck lid when you carry stuff?. I would recommend a "plug-in" designed by volkswagen, for a volkswagen, with a NEW motor than tell someone (a non-mechanic) to buy a set of conversion parts from one place, an older untested/unknown motor from someplace else, and then install it in a hole it doesn't fit in. I know my conversion went alot easier than anyone I know who went to the jap motor route, and my motor is good (with proper maintainence) for 250,000 miles. By the way, what are you going to do when all that power cooks your tranny, which was made to handle many fewer horses.

Dave B ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Grebneff" <andrew.grebneff@stonebow.otago.ac.nz> To: "Data Services" <dataservices@attbi.com> Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 5:09 AM Subject: Re: Re: all those tire postings...reducing cost of maintenence