Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 May 2002 21:14:14 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Ah... the list
Comments: To: Clarence J Falarski <lamont@MINDSPRING.COM>

Clarence J Falarski wrote:

> I am a newbie on the list . > > BUT WHAT PISSES ME OFF are those people who > > PISSING ME OFF ALSO ARE those of you who

> I say GET A LIFE

> QUIT WASTING EVERYONE ELSE'S TIME WITH YOUR TRIPE AND WITTY COMMENTS. > > It is a big world and there is room for everyone > > For those of you who really don't know your ass from third base > > If my letter offends anyone then you just might be some of those folks that I just wrote about.

Well, Vanagon Gentles, now that we have the Newbie Rant and Chest Pounding events out of the way, I propose that we get on with the business of the list.

Brother Newbie Clarence, we of this society of vanagon lovers are made of every stripe imaginable, and the extremes can already be demostrated by the relative opposing points of view of Brother "Developtrust" and Brother "Aristotle". And they are only the tip of the iceberg. We have Brothers who are so mellow they are almost transparent; we have Brothers who are so paranoid and anal that they look up their own bottom ends to see what the doctor is doing when he takes a throat culture. We have Brothers who can hardly read and write, and then we have Brother Walker, our Vanagon List Poet Laureate. We have the likes of Gurus Brother Grunthaner, and Brother Condelli, and Brother Donalds and, and, ............ad infinitum. And then there are the Sisters ...... delightful and delectable all. Very nice and intelligent ladies, and really into their Vanagons, be they GL's Westy's or what have you. Some are sufficiently skilled and knowlegable as to be able to do their own maintenance. To top it all off, we do have our curmudgeons. And the Membership would not be the same without them. There are some of us that really like all of us, and then there are a few that can barely stand the rest of us. All have opinions, and some actually have something to say worth listening to, be it vanagon related or not. We police our own ranks, and most of the time that works, only ocassionally does our Moderator Tom Carrington ever have to step in and set things straight, and he will do it.

While the common thread of this list is our vans, we recognize ourselves as human beings and as such we have to have the occasional social connection and commentary. Theres room for it, often on Friday - Tom Carrington sets us loose from the chains on Friday, and it enhances the delight we take in our machines.

So follow the advise already given: lighten up, lurk, look and listen, and enjoy what the list has to offer, positive and negative.

Welcome to the List!!

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver