Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 25 May 2002 22:37:10 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Why do we love that damn van so much...
Comments: To: chris.smith@AQUILA.NET

The top ten list

http://williamwareagency.com/forsale/stanvan/Vans.htm

Stan On Sat, 25 May 2002 22:23:39 -0500 Chris Smith <chris.smith@AQUILA.NET> writes: > At 01:21 AM 5/25/02, Ben huot wrote: > >Tell me why? > > > >Is it because it makes us fell good in that very difficult life and > world > >we live in? > > Never worked on TURD I see.. > > >Is it because we have no life and it's the only thing we have... > > Define life? > > >With time, we did find that "this is the way" of living and nothing > else > >matter. > > Hmm.. > > >Is it just a hobby (internet wise)? > > Drugs are a hobby, this is an addiction. > > >Is it because this van is related to our best moment on this > planet? > > Wow, you've had more fun in yours than I've had in mine.. > > >Is it a passion? > > yupp > > >Is it freedom? For reel!!! > > I think of mine as the escape pod.. > > >Is it a way of seeing what life is all about; nature, friend, > spirit... > > Bruised knuckles, family cramped together for too long in too little > space, > > >Is it just about seeing the world, our world? > > Hard too miss it when it's not going by all that fast > > >Are we an alien species? > > YES! > > >Is it cool? > > YES! > > >Is it freedom? > > Could be.. but not from financial responsibility though.. > > >Are we interested of having a square box, not so reliable but fun > and cool > >to drive? > > Hmm.. > > >Is it special? > > It damn well better be.. > > >Are we mad? > > I prefer to think of myself as "touched" > > >Is it a cheap way to camp and see our beautiful continent or the > world? > >(not so cheap but a lot more practical than a tent or a lot cheaper > than a > >29 feet RV)? > > Hell of a lot cheaper than a 29'er.. Ever priced even renting one of > those > beasts > > >Are we mechanical maniac, do we like problem and insecurity. > > I do.. if I didn't I'd buy something that requires less work. > > >Why don't we have a tent or a tent trailer with a Ford Explorer in > the > >front.. > > Not Cool.. > > >Is ir because we want to re-live the 70'? > > don't remember the '70s.. > > >Or!!! All of the above. > > > >I am stuck with this van, for how long!!!! Is it a drug? > > I am convinced it's a genetic defect. Once a Westy owner, always a > westy > owner. It's next to the Thing gene but slightly removed from the > beetle > show car gene. Ever notice that most bus owners just get along with > each > other even though they have nothing else in common? you won't see > that > with the 29'er folks or the Ford folks. I'm sure that if someone > were to > trace the genealogy back 200 generations we're all related, sort of > like > hemophiliacs. It's not our fault, it just is. > > >Let me find a nice spot with an ocean view, great "wood" fire at > night and > >a good coffee in the morning with some friends... Ok, I know why > now. > > > >I don't have any mechanical insecurity, I just want to travel... is > it why > >we have this van, is it really why? > > > >Lol, Ben > > Enjoy the good coffee and friends.. I know it keeps me sane. > > Chris Smith > > Montgomery. IL > Audio/Visual - Meeting Technology professional freelance services >