Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 May 2002 00:11:43 +0200
From:         Robert Steven Fish <fish@SALZBURG.CO.AT>
Subject:      Re: Suggestions for shipping a van from Germany to Halifax NS
Comments: To: David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>

I shipped my 1987 Vanagon a few years ago with a company called HUAL. The best price I could get was from Baltimore to Bremerhaven... cost was approx 800 bucks total at the time, I think.

They have a website, which lists east coast ports as far north as NYC... but I see nothing farther. They also list stops in Hamburg, but it might cost more to load at an in between location, as they probably have to change boats.

The whole process was really easy... I just showed up at the port in Baltimore with all the required paperwork (minor pain in the butt getting the parers in order before hand) and they stamped a few things, I signed a few things, and I gave them the keys... Bye Bye Vanagon.

Apparently they have the dogs go through all the vehicles before driving them onto the boats, and I was told not to pack ANYTHING in the Vanagon that I cared about, as it would be damaged or stolen. I thought I could get away with a set of really nice high-end jumper cables under the rear seat bank... but alas, they were indeed stolen.

Otherwise, the Vanagon arrived in great shape, and I have nothing but good things to say about these folks.

Anyway, the address is below:

http://www.hual.com/

Contact me via Pmail for more details.

Robert S. Fish Salzburg, Austria 1987 Wolfsburg Vanagon 2.1 GL Weekender 1987 Golf Cabriolet 1991 Golf

I have lots of experience with sea containers but no RoRo (Roll On Roll Off) experience. Does anyone have any contacts for companies that transport from Europe to Halifax NS or St. John NB.