Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 May 2002 21:16:38 -0700
From:         Lou Carmona <lou@RANCHOMURIETA.ORG>
Subject:      1987 Westy for sale Sacramento, California Area $6800 OBO

Hi all,

New to the list but for all the wrong reasons. Life circumstances (Baby #4 on the way -- new wife does not think VW Vans are safe, wants airbags and all that "Fancy" stuff...) force the sale of my my 87 Westy Weekender (Pop-top, fold out bed, AC DC Fridge - but no stove/sink). Had it at Bugorama today (5/26) in case anyone was there. Anyone interested please send me an email:

Lou@ranchomurieta.org

Pictures available via email. Here is the text of my window ad:

Hope this does not violate any list etiquette. If it does -- apologizing in advance.

Lou

1987 Volkswagen Westfalia Camper

The Good:

This is a great car. 4 SPD, Air Conditioning (recently repaired), Pop Top - Seats 6, sleeps 4 - 5, Table, AC/DC Fridge with separate battery, Rear storage cabinet, new battery, all new pop top seals, tent is like new, new skylight and seal, new CV joint boots, new clutch, new rotors and front pads, new rear grease seals and all 4 engine mounts are new. Smogged 5/25/2002.

The Bad:

Paint is okay. Driver's side was resprayed once (reason unknown) and has faded more than original paint. Odometer is broken. Estimated mileage at 130 - 140K. I bought it from a mechanic who had recently had engine rebuilt (or put rebuilt engine in...). No head leaks and engine is very strong. That was in 1996 and I estimate I have put 50 - 60K on the car since then. If it was perfect, I wouldn't be asking $6800... Don't take my word, have your mechanic check it out.

Very straight original car, life circumstances forces sale.

Asking $6800 OBO.

Call Lou (916) 354-2038