Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 May 2002 17:50:41 -0500
From:         "Terry K." <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: Finally got a westy!!!!!!
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>

I agree---

Let's see what caused you to go totally out of your mind-----:>)

The judging panel is waiting-----

E-mail message

We've got a pretty good idea about how your Blue Westy looks. However we're having some trouble visualizing your girlfriend please post some pictures (not the van) Stan Wilder On Mon, 27 May 2002 17:56:52 -0400 Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA> writes: Before I bought my van I spent sometime reading on the subject, here an elsewhere. I said to my self, what a bunch of crazy people (to stay polite), they all know the different problem associated to this vehicle but they are keeping it!!! Why would an intelligent (not so much..) human been (we are alien) would buy a problem-van like that. Bunch of crasy people (to stay polite). After reading so many horror story on different web site and forum I said to my girlfriend (she is the one that wanted a Westfalia, she said if we don't go to Europe this year let's buy a Westfalia, I reply; what's that, an Alien space ship with a 95 hp engine he he he!) NEVER I will buy that piece of crap, it's insulting my intelligence (I have some, once in a while when I'm not drunk!!! (joke, of course----------NOT) I showed her all the horror story in question and she said; to bad, we could have some fun traveling it that ----cute--- van! (cute van my ass, near nowhere with a rod out the case spilling oil everywhere) BUT, with those beautiful cute blue eyes (not even sure which color they are even today after 6 years) she convince me to buy one anyway.. (at the time, every other American made van were looking like a better choice than a westy, I have seen many cheap old GM, Dodge and Ford van... They could have been an OK choice for the price. long story!) Yea, this little blue van in a little blue garage (with 5 people waiting after me to see If I would buy it, they were ready to buy those bastard!) with a great interior and a very higher price than the American made van also. So I called her and she came to see the little blue bastard (the Van) while the next guys after me keep saying, if you don't take the van I will!! Bastard! (The guy) so we bought the van (with a very rusty engine, see my site) and I said to my self; well the good news is that I won't have a hard time selling the bastard (the van). After many small problem and many hours finding them, we did a 33K km (18K miles) summer without spending the price of the van, at all. And my girlfriend is in love with the little Bastard (not the guy, the van) and I guess me too... By the way, I paid $11500 CAD for it; I put $3000 in parts, maintenance, cleaning and bolts, but no labour (that's the key of owning a Westy (yea everything $$$ we put on her (or his if you prefer) as been accounted for) So the price you put on a westy is proportional with the condition of this one, a 2.1L westy in Quebec is worth at least $14000 CAD in in good condition, at least. I have decline $16500 CAD last week. I said to the guy, go to hell you bastard (joke). Ps.: sorry about the Bastard word but at the time this is the way I was feeling. Cheers, Ben http://pages.infinit.net/eurokit/ ______________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.