Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 May 2002 22:32:13 -0400
From:         "Russell, William" <william.russell@UW-INC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Leaking Gas Tank
Comments: To: "G. Matthew Bulley" <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>

Wow. I actually drove it across the entire country in this state. Pretty dumb in retrospect. Your points are very valid. I think I'll take your advice. Thanks!

\/\/i!!y

First off, this isn't water or tomato puree pouring out of your van, it is GASOLINE.

These dipsh*ts evidently don't care whether you and your family go up in flames, as long as no one lives to file a multi-million dollar law suit against the repair shop.

It isn't just leaking at the gas station, I guarantee that. Every curve and hill you encounter is causing sloshing out the vent hole, and you are a traveling torch, unlit. Meet up with one idiot butt-flicking smoker who thinks our world is his ashtray, and you are toast.

Second: The Vanagon fuel tank and vent line system is complicated, and requires some very specific VW grommets and nylon TEE's to keep from leaking. In actuality it is a REALLY stupid design, but it is what is there so you have to deal with it. It (typically) does require the tank being lowered to take care of any problem with this system. If these guys are clueless, find a dealer, and have the van towed there at the garage's expense.

DO NOT drive this van in this condition.

Pax--

G. Matthew Bulley Mount Olive, NC