Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 May 2002 22:50:46 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Faster delivery times

> I placed an order last Saturday afternoon, the stuff was here on Friday. > California to Chicago--order picked wrapped, sacked, packed, boxed, > labelled, and shipped in one day----4 days to get here---2500 miles > I have a hard time getting stuff from PA in 2 weeks--500 miles away

> Except for their pricing, they have a great web site. > I found their prices slightly higher than other popular list vendors.

And therein lies confirmation of the old adage, that you can't get something for nothing. Same-day shipping costs money to offer, and is almost always reflected in the price.

Rather than building it into the price of the parts, I have opted to offer same-day shipping as an option that you can pay for only if you need it. If you're not in a rush, opt for our standard delivery and allow 7-10 working days for delivery (often sooner, depending on how busy we are; right now we're averaging around 5-7). This way you'll pay the lowest possible delivered price. For non-critical items, or people who plan ahead, it's the way to go.

But if you need the part sooner, opt for our Expedited delivery instead. This is GUARANTEED date-definate delivery. Your order will receive priority status, and will be placed in front of all standard orders. It will ship the same or next day (depending on how late in the day you order), and will be GUARANTEED at your door within 1-3 working days (depending on the delivery option you choose) or you will be refunded the extra shipping cost.

Compare my total delivered prices WITH this service, to other vendors' prices without it. Often the additional cost of Expedited shipping is minimal - and is more than offset by my extremely low parts prices. So you end up saving money AND getting the parts faster.

To order via Expedited service, best is to call your order in (toll-free if you have part numbers; via the customer service number otherwise). We can confirm shipping cost, in-stock status, and guaranteed delivery date while you're on the phone, and start processing the order as soon as you hang up. You can also specify the Expedited option when ordering online, and we'll call you with the info for approval prior to shipping - but bear in mind that we process web orders at around 4 pm each day, and UPS picks up at about 5, so if we don't reach you between 4 and 5 you order won't ship until the next day. (On standard ground orders, however, there is NO difference in processing speed between web and phone orders.)

Incidentally, I am NOT in any way criticizing the particular vendor alluded to in the above example (Volks Cafe). In fact, quite the opposite, they are a well established and reliable shop, and one that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I visited them myself when I was in the Bay area, and have frequently referred customers to them for repairs.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by Part # 1-866-BUS-DEPOT