Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 May 2002 09:12:06 -0700
From:         Bill Kasper <dragonlist@IPMTS.UCSC.EDU>
Subject:      Re: 5th Seat Installation Instructions Help Needed
Comments: To: James Wetzel <jwetzel@EPHARMALEARNING.COM>

james, you may or may not have the tracks laid down in your westy. if you do, your plywood will already be cut, and you should have two lines of white track covers perpendicular to the sliding door.

i didn't, and installed old tracks from benT. i cut pocket cuts into my floor (only as long as needed for the tracks to bolt down properly and allow seat installation), and cut the floor-securing angle-iron into three sections so the seat could slide on. the seat slides in perfectly, bolts down, and still allows us the "walk through" effect between the seat and the kitchen unit.

the rails you need, if you don't have them, are the same as the rails holding on the 2-person seat in a 7-passenger van. just be sure to get the metal tabs that go through the floor bolts and hold the 13mm bolt of the seat in.

if you can wait until tomorrow, i will get the dimensions of my pocket cuts for you...

bill '87 syncro westfalia santa cruz, ca