Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 May 2002 12:43:53 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: IS THE LIST GETTING SMALLER?

I sell some parts on the list, I sell some parts on E bay, I sell some parts locally. Here is what I find. Many of the people I sell parts to lurk or just watch the list and very seldom post anything. This fact comes out when they mention seeing my name on the list, they are benign people that have Vanagons and Westies and are just keeping abreast of what's going on with other owners. I could name some but they prefer to stay anonymous. So if you're judging the list by the number of individuals that post to the list its time to rethink the getting smaller thoughts. Sure there are Flames and Vendor Bashing sessions but since I'm an Air Cooled guy I delete almost every Waser Boxer post routinely unless it addresses a common problem that I can address. I'm retired and have plenty of time to read the postings but more mature employed persons don't have the time for Work , Family and a lot of hoopla from the list. We get into a lot of off Vanagon subjects but an absolute restriction on content would surely make some of my favorite list members abandon the list and deprive us of their years of experience and innovative solutions. When the list becomes pure techno repair procedural content you can definitely kiss me goodbye, if it ain't fun I ain't a gonna do it.

Stan Wilder 83 Air Cooled Westfalia

On Tue, 28 May 2002 10:07:02 -0700 developtrust <developtrust@COX.NET> writes: > What a bogus posting. I say good riddance to anyone who would try to > squelch > any kind of participation. Tom does a great job in my opinion. > > What an immature thing to attempt to blame the list member's content > for a > reason for leaving. Another attempt at censorship. >