Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 May 2002 15:43:38 -0400
From:         Clarence J Falarski <lamont@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Ah... the list

I am a newbie on the list . I stumbled onto it when I was cruising other VW sites a couple of weeks ago. If I am not wrong, my guess is that the list was created for the benefit of those of us who for one reason or another enjoy our VW vans and look for help, aide guidance or advice with some problem that we may be experiencing at one time or another. I also feel that is an excellent place to sell, purchase or trade parts and accessories......... I think the list serves a purpose and I personally appreciate it's presence.................

BUT WHAT PISSES ME OFF are those people who absolutely must comment on each and every topic whether or not they have anything constructive to say. If you have a solution to someone's problem then help them out by all means, if not then shut the hell up.

PISSING ME OFF ALSO ARE those of you who use it to just communicate with someone else on a personal basis. To those of you who use the list for that purpose I say GET A LIFE and pick up the telephone and call whoever it is that you want to talk to. QUIT WASTING EVERYONE ELSE'S TIME WITH YOUR TRIPE AND WITTY COMMENTS.

Like any list people will come and go for various reasons but lets certainly not drive them away with some of the BS that I see in print. Some of you will absolutely beat a topic to death and ask questions that with just a little thought, common sense and good judgment on your part could solve your own issue. It's like some of you have never driven a vehicle before in your life

It is a big world and there is room for everyone but, if you want to see you name in print go and write a book and save the rest of us the displeasure of reading your unnecessary comments. If you have a comment or suggestion that can help someone then I am sure that it will be welcomed.

To those of you with a ton of mechanical and electrical experience with these vehicles I say thank you for your input help and suggestions. For those of you who really don't know your ass from third base I say , listen, read more and speak less.

If my letter offends anyone then you just might be some of those folks that I just wrote about.

Lamont Cranston. Some where in North Carolina