Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 May 2002 12:58:46 -0700
From:         "Phil S." <napszeerf@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: VW Solar Panel

http://www.rvsolar.com/vanagon.htm

Yeah that IS an awesome Solar website. if I only had the $$

Question: if I am running my engine for at least 1/2Hour once a day why would I need a solar panel?

Why run a Solar panel if most parks already have electricity to plug into? Most parks charge westys the same fee as an RV becouse they think we plan on using their electricity/water, so why not just join up with the RV-Polluters?

What about those mini 12V battery chargers? Could mount one of those inside the van and just plug in any outlet and re-charge.

Phil, waiting for my Auxillary battery to arrive(Yellotop Optima)

--- Michael Blackburn <blackburn@CODENET.NET> wrote: > Here is the best solar panel kit I have seen for the > VW Westy. Not really > in the same league as what your talking about. But, > if you plan on camping > or living in the van for a while this is the ticket. > > http://www.rvsolar.com/vanagon.htm > > Michael Blackburn > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List > [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM]On Behalf Of > Mark Dorm > Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 12:26 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: VW Solar Panel > > > Brunton makes a small solar panel that seems > pretty cool. I saw at a > sporting goods shop. Their web site's down until > June. I think it was 80 > dollars.... and didn't let energy leak out over > night... probably half the > size of the VW Solar Panel or smaller... > > > > > > > VW Solar Panel seen at BusFusion. All new > Volkswagens are now being > >delivered to the dealers with solar panels stuck > on the windshield to > keep > >the batteries chargers while in transit from the > factory. Some dealers > are > >delivering the cars to the customer with these > solar panel some are > stashing > >them in the back room. There is one here at > BusFusion. Fellow works at a > >dealer in Toronto and he scooped one this past > week. VW part # VW-1CO 915 > >685. Plugs in cig lighter socket. About 16" x 12" > 12 volt, 1amp. Pretty > >cool so go get 'em before I do ! > > > >Cheers > > > >Frank Condelli > >Almonte, Ontario, Canada > >BusFusion a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, > May 30, 31, June 1, 2, > 2002 > >'87 Westy & Lionel Trains > >Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City > VW Club > >Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa > Valley > >STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers > >Frank Condelli & Associates or > http://frankcondelli.com > > > > > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- > -- > MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print > your photos: Click Here