Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 May 2002 15:18:35 -0400
From:         Dan Aldrich <daldrich@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: MAC vs PC no vanagon content

My first Windows machine was a Mac II in 1988. OS was more stable than Windows at the time and it served me well. I still have both here in the home office. Older macs are a bargain since they're reliable and easy to maintain with the kids beating on them. I use Windows for work and play. My favorite here at home is my Color Classic that I picked up cheap at a swap meet. Small footprint and has a Triniton monitor. It stays on top of my bookcase as an e-fish tank(After dark screen saver). Occasionally I use it for satellite tracking too. Other than that,

I don't get into the Mac/PC hyperbole. Each of us has made up their minds and nothing is going to change that.

-d

At 11:48 AM 5/30/02 -0700, you wrote: >> Scary... I was a Mac guy for many years, then got a PC job > >SNIP > >> > >> > Sounds like you need a Mac! > >Wow, You Mac guys are scary. I have both and now prefer the PC for so many >reasons. Faster, more reliable, easier to network, and more software >available for it. I keep my Mac only for the data on the hard drive that I'm >too lazy to convert. > >Maybe if I was more into graphics I'd see a difference but I don't. for me >the PC does everything better, especially with XP Pro. > >Maybe I'm not a real Mac guy. I spent over $500 upgrading mine and now wish >I had not. Faster, but for a machine I use once a month for data retrieval a >waste of money. > >No vanagon content??? Lighten up Gestapo. I'm writing to MAC people on the >vanagon list. Are there any others who have both and prefer the PC? > >Guillermo-de-San-Diego >1989 Vanagon GL Camper >