Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 May 2002 18:51:49 -0500
From:         "Terry K." <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: was-Terry kay sucks-RETRACTION AND APOLOGY!
Comments: To: Brian McClure <vanagonguy@HOTMAIL.COM>

Brian,

No Problem---

I would be frustrated also given the same scenario----

It was nothing more than a TK ploy, in screwing around with Andrew--and the van in question just happened to be your's--that's all it amounted to.

I apologize for the misunderstanding, and will put some sort of disclaimer on any more of my off-the-wall postings. (?)

As far as I'm concerned, we've kissed and made up----:>)

Forget E-Bay---

Try and sell it at Samba.com---free, and I have had good luck purveying stuff there--lots of VW folks go there specifically, and there is a lot of stuff there------I'd give it a shot anyway------

Later,

Terry

E-mail message

Terry-

Perhaps I misunderstood your humor. Let me explain it from my end, and see how you would feel. 1- Put beloved van up for sale> giong well, getting a ton of hits, and a few good bids. 2- guy puts up a post on Vanagon list, calling my van a Fankenstien van etc.... BOOM_ the hits drop off, the bidding stops DEAD. 3-last minute bid sniping rasies the van up to a poor price- I dont sell.] 4- same guy posts to list a note that appears to be a HA-HA- told ya so, and appears to rub my face in the misfortune he may or may not have created. How would you feel? If I misunderstood your humor,I am sorry- but it costs about 100 bucks to NOT sell something on ebay. At the time it wasnt very funny at all. So, in closing- I posted to the list in a fit of anger- I would like to apologize for doing so. I will think before posting the next time- perhaps if more of us did this (not just you, Terry) these kinda things wouldnt happen..... Humbly Brian From: Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM> Reply-To: Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Terry kay sucks....AMEN! Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:47:13 -0500 The longer they carry on the longer they carry on the longer they carry on ....... see it just goes no where. Stan On Thu, 30 May 2002 21:45:36 +1200 Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ> writes: Terry has a dry sense of humor that most people misunderstand. I think that this may be the case. I don't want Terry kicked off the list, but his postings can be quite senseless and extremely irritating... they certainly get up MY nose. I now generally just use the delete function... Perhaps he just likes to be contrary? -- Andrew Grebneff 165 Evans St, Dunedin 9001, New Zealand <andrew.grebneff@stonebow.otago.ac.nz> Seashell, Macintosh, VW/Toyota van nut ______________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/. ______________________________________________ Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com