Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 May 2002 00:43:44 -0500
From:         Marshall <mjruskin@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Financing

My boss told me how he took advantage of HFC to buy his first car. I hope what he said was true - but people say all kinds of things when they want to tell a compelling story.

He said he went to a bank to buy a car - but they wouldn't loan him the money - because he didn't own anything.

So, he talked to some wise dude, who told him to do the following:

Go to HFC, get the loan, and pay the juice - as my friend Terry calls it.

Then go back to the bank, apply for the loan .

They asked - what do you own? He said the car. They gave him the loan at normal rates - and he paid off HFC.

He was so proud of that story - how some knowledge of the system allowed him to get what he needed.

I can't say if it's true, but it was an interesting story. I didn't ask my boss the hard questions though - he's my boss, after all, and I know what side of the bread my butter is on, if you know what I mean.

I'd not have loaned the money if I was the banker - because to me - HFC owned the car until it was paid off.

But it might just work with a banker that really wanted to help - but had to have something to work with.

Marshall Ruskin 84 Westy ----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry K." <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 12:28 AM Subject: Re: Financing