Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:23:00 -0500
From:         "Terry K." <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: I am scared of my Dometic 182B on LP mode
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>

Yea --put the blanket away--get a cardboard tube----and above all else----don't ever be doing any bending over--especially If Stanleys in the neighborhood---:>)

E-mail message from Stosh---

Just look through the tube, no need to bend over so far.

Stan Wilder

Hey VW maniaco grandio friendo, The pass weekend (At Busfusion in Ontario) everybody were running their fridge on propane mode, for the first time I said to my self, why not me!!! (I never tried last year!! I am so damn scared of having propane running in my van when I away from the van or sleeping and the sucker is so small that anyway I need a cooler) So everybody came to my help and try starting my fridge with, of course, no success. So yesterday after reading the very well written info on that subject on www.vanagon.com / info / refrigerator info, I started the fridge (I was ready to pull the sucker out) on 110V for an hour or two and what do you know, the bastard did start right away. First I flip the switch to "Gas" position, open the gas valve on the right, pump 3 time, and on the fourth time I hold the gas injection button wile I press the pump until the end to use the Piezo igniters. Well at first it looks like nothing happen but after a few seconds the fridge indicator light came slowly ON but I could see nothing in the small windows down bellow, so I look carefully and I put a blanket over my head and the fridge and!!!! Hurrah I had a small little flame. It staid cold for a few hours and I shut it down. It did start back this morning easily without the fridge being primed in 110V. I think that you need to "play with" and understand the fuel (Propane) and air mixture relation at start up. So what I did is remove my vanagon engine fuel injection system from the back of my van and installed this one behind the fridge, yes I know, it was a tight fit... (he he he, lol) Ok, lets be serious, what is the danger or the worse thing that can happen with a 15 years old propane-operating fridge. I am somewhat scared of sleeping in the van or away from this one for a complete day when the fridge is working on propane. I got good heat from the vent and no smell at all inside the van. The little pilot flame looks constant. I tighten the propane conduct for safety but what else can I do, or what are the danger apart from the pilot flame going off. I would like to hear feedback from people that have been using the fridge on LP mode for some years. Any suggestions gentlemen. Regards, Ben http://pages.infinit.net/eurokit/ ______________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.