Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Jun 2002 10:24:54 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Off Topic Remarks, and an unfortunate Loss
Comments: To: Bob O Shaughnessy <vanagon@COLUMBUS.RR.COM>

I agree with Bob. This list has changed, and not for the better. Lets keep the list to topic and with a degree of civility tossed in. We are all only human and mistakes occur whether we intend them or not but let's at least not try to offend.

When the signal to noise ratio drops too low, people stop wanting to monitor the signal as the noise is too annoying.

A quick check shows that TK posted about 340!! times in April and May alone. I suspect that some of that was more noise than signal. The list has become more of a open chat room for a few, with private banter, personal innuendo, and inside jokes taking up far too much bandwidth for my taste.

I have been on the list a long time. People come and go for a variety of reasons. One thread or offensive post may be only the last straw but some of us are to the point where a couple straws may make the difference between staying and going.

The health of the list should not be measured by how many people are subscribed but by how many are interested in and helped by the daily posts relevent to Vanagon ownership.

Mark Drillock

Bob O Shaughnessy wrote: > > On 6/1/02 1:42 AM, "Terry K." wrote: > > > First off--let me say this---- > > > > I am no angel, by any means, but I have not been personally responsible > > for a highly valued list member's withdrawing from the list, to the best > > of my knowledge. > > > > This speaks *volumes* about your knowledge. I can say with confidence > that the current tone of the list is about 90% the fault of William and > yourself. Neither of you seems to have even the most rudimentary common > sense or manners. In the past week, after encouraging people to pmail you > and William about your reprehensible behavior on this list, I received > numerous explanations of the vitriolic, obscenity-riddled replies that they > received from the two of you. > > Again, the two of you have no common sense, manners or shame, and you > should leave this list until you learn them. > .................. > Bob O'Shaughnessy, Columbus, OH >