Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:17:55 +0200
From:         Raimund Feussner <rfeussner@GMX.DE>
Subject:      vanagon footage...

So what? Two more crushed double cabs, completely rotten ones (ten years delivery van of some non-caring mechanic).

Double cabs that arenīt worth repairing can be found in dozens on our german local yunkyards. But you guys in the U.S., crying for the ugliest, dented double cabs: You let A/Cs, cruise controls, power windows, locks, steering and windows go to the crusher...who cares: the german guys who need years to collect this equipment since the most T3s are bare-boned models without anything. Back to the late 80s: Air condition: 2500$ extra, now at least 400$ used (and thatīs cheap!) ABS: 2500-3000$ extra, now at least 500$ used Power mirrors: 800$ extra (or something), now at least 150$ used ...and so on with cruise (150$ used), power locks(150$ used), -windows(200$ used), -steering(400$ used). Body moulding+ carat bumpers: now at least 400$ used. Padded dash: 100$ used Almost everything standard in U.S. versions.

Thatīs some weird situation...You guys want to go back from electric to crank windows!

Later. ...gotta throw up.

Greets Raimund only ironic and sarcastic, not offending anyone, but realising how different markets can be...