Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jun 2002 16:47:02 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Vanagon List Mail Problem

Not centerline V'gon stuff here but related.

I'm having a problem downloading my mail, which includes my V'gon List Mail.

I'm running Netscape 4.79 and have never ever had a problem with it for the most part. Recently I switched to cable service for my net connection. Now I am having problems downloading the mail. The mail downloads and displays a percentage of download completed, always about 95/96 percent. Any e-mails over 100 and it hangs up and stops downloading. Then it times out. When I retry, the percentage downloaded is cut to about 85 percent. Then the cycle is repeated. Each attempt to download results in a lesser percentage completed. This is driving me nuts. I have spent hours and hours on the phone trying to work this out with my cable serve here, but they have been unable to pinpoint the problem. They have noticed that as the end of down load approaches, the packet start to drop off an more and more packet requests are sent back to the server.

Anybody got any ideas. My server doesn't seem to be able to pinpoint and fix the problem, and it appears its going to be up to me, and I'm no technoid with this stuff.

Please reply via P-mail. I know my inability to down load my V'gon mail is a bit of a stretch for the band width for Vanagon content!!

Thanks,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver