Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:35:55 -0500
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Curb wieght of a fat Westy

> that much more capacity. According to my registration, the empty weight of > my camper is 3,115 lbs.

from the truck scales at Starving Marvin truck stop, exit 76 on I-59/20 in Alabama

1987 vanagon camper, full fuel tank, resident fattass sitting in driver's seat, 70lbs of tools in rear ...

steering axle (front) - 2260 lbs (told you he was fattass). :) driving axle (rear) - 1960 lbs gross weight - 4220 lbs.

now fattass weighs about 270 lbs. and 16 gallons of fuel weighs 96 lbs. so you can figure or not the empty weight of the bus.

that weight was done on the first two scale pads ... they have three big pads .. one for the front wheels (steering axle) of the truck, a 2nd one for the rear double axles (driving axles) of the truck part, and a looooong third pad for the trailer. i parked the van on the first two ... front wheels on the first pad, rear wheels on the second pad.

joel