Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:01:33 -0400
From:         Jay L Snyder <Jay.L.Snyder@USA.DUPONT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Planning against on-road glitches
Comments: To: Myron Lind <mdlind@RICA.NET>

All the passenger Vanagons that had "factory AC" that came in on the East Coast (Port of Wilmington, DE) were all installed at the Port of Wilmington. This is what my local dealer told me. When I bought my '86 GL, it did not have AC. The dealer said they would install it for something like $2000. Needless to say, we didn't have it installed. This probably explains why they all leak and the ceiling ducts fall off, and may explain the SAE fasteners. When I bought my '85 Westy with AC, I was hoping it was installed at the factory. Anyone know for sure?

Jay

Myron Lind <mdlind@RICA.NET>@gerry.vanagon.com> on 06/05/2002 08:33:02 AM

Please respond to Myron Lind <mdlind@RICA.NET>

To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM cc: Subject: Re: Planning against on-road glitches

Except all the AC mounting screws seem to be 1/4, 5/16, and some 8mm. Two out of two vans. Caught me by surprise.

Myron Lind 82 Diesel Westy getting mechanical TDI