Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Jun 2002 17:51:13 -0700
From:         Ward Smith <wsmith@SAN.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: was MAC vs PC NOW: PLEASE RESTRAIN YOURSELVES!!
Comments: To: Jon Joyce <okartguy@HOTMAIL.COM>

Sorry in advance for the waste of BW:

Well, I hope nobody has left because of me, but if they have, I am truly sorry. I do all I can to help the VW community locally here in San Diego;as well as nationwide. I am a member of A.I.R.S., and as anyone who has spent time at "Casa De Wardo" will attest to, I go out of my way to help anyone. Ask the last couple that stopped in for a weeked and stayed in my driveway for over a month. I am not bragging, only pointing out the reason I enjoy VW's. It's partly the vehicles themselves, but mostly the people I have met because of them.

As another example: I noticed Terry's post about trying to help Mike Miller out of his front end woes. I might be completely wrong here, but I remember Terry being a fairly incendiary member of this list in the recent past. Fine. Don't care. I don't take it personally, and I hope nobody else does either. I just know that if I'm thousands of miles from home, I hope people like Terry are around to help me. (btw, Terry, I might be completely wrong about you, like I said earlier, I hardly ever even check the signature lines, and if so, I apologize humbly (and owe you a case of your favorite cervesa if you ever make it down here to Tijuana Norte)).

In closing, I also checked the list rules that I could find, and unless I am mistaken, there is nothing about off-topic content. The only content rules I could find dealt with not including entire 300 line posts to add a single line, or spreading spam. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place, and if so, please tell me where I can go...hehe, to find the information I mean.

See you all on the Road...

Ward

"Life looks pretty twisted through corner windows"