Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Jun 2002 01:40:46 EDT
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: So what's the story Chris??
Comments: To: killer_jupiter@hotmail.com

In a message dated 6/7/02 5:41:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, killer_jupiter@hotmail.com writes:

> > Just wondering how you do business. > I realize, this is a hobby for you. But... > > You advertise on the list. Someone (me, for instance) answers, "Hey Chris, > I > would like some of those, let's call them rear shoulder belts." > You answer back, "OK, they are 50 bucks a piece." > > Someone immediately answers "OK, I want the left and right side ones. > What's > shipping? Here's my address so you can calculate postage. How do you want > to get paid?" > > You answer... > That's right, you don't answer. I send a note a couple days later asking > what the scoop is. Someone on the list says he thinks you are out at a show > or something. Ok, I can be patient. I wait till I see another post from > you. > I write, "Hey Chris, You gonna sell me those shoulder belts?" > You answer... again, nothing. Another week goes by. > > Is this how you treat your customers? Is this how you treat your friends? > > I wouldn't care if you sold them, decided to keep them, held on to them > till > you find someone who wants all three, it doesn't matter. It's just polite > to > let people know what the story is. It's just annoying when you don't. > > Just wondering. > > Posted to the list so others might not think they are the only ones. > > > tim in san jose > > > > > > >

whoaaaa!!...jeeez!!!! sorry.. why did you post this to the list?? i had tentatively (sp?) sold them to a lister before i left (the first to respond), he said he sent the money, but it never showed..i was waiting to hear back from him, then i was going to email the other interested parties (more than just you) telling them it was sold. he just emailed me this morning saying that the payment was mis-addressed, and was sent back to him.. so im hoping it will make it this time. if not, it goes to the next person in line (it would have been you) . it wasnt necessary to post this to the list.. i dont feel like i should apologize to 5000+ people for not checking my email everyday.. or because someone didnt get the check out to me fast enough.. i was in colorado (visiting my fiance, not at a "show", if you must know) for almost a week - and could NOT CHECK ANY EMAIL. my inbox was overflowed and i hadnt had time to sift thru all the bazillion vanagon postings to weed out your individual email. i STILL have mail to go thru, and i got back on wed.. i am sorry i didnt have time to sift thru all my mail and email you they had been "tentatively" (sp) sold.. go away for a week and dont check your listmail and see how many emails you get... i had a bunch of responses for the seatbelt post, and like usual, i sold it to the first person who said they were sending the money ..i answer emails in the order in which they are recieved.... the middle seatbelt was supposedly also spoken for but i havent seen any payment on that either.. its not my fault someone says they want an item and then waits to send payment..maybe you would have sent payment faster? i dont know...geez, please dont grill me on this.. and i dont do this for a living either...talk to people who have been at my place.. i have just a few vanagons in the barnyard that i am parting out in my spare time.. work comes first (not related to vw's), personal life second, and vw stuff last. im NOT busdepot, or vanagain.. with their snazzy websites and next day service.. i do this in my spare time because i have a place to store stuff and thats the only reason.. lighten up please...i apologise for not finding your email and telling you they were tentatively sold, but it really wasnt necessary to post this to the list.. chris