Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:34:03 -0600
From:         joseph Trussell <joetruss@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gof/Jetta Hubcaps/Camping

Mine went on without any real problem; on the left front, the wheelcover has a little exploded dent in the center, from me smacking it on there, but it fits snugly and looks good. The speedo made a weird noise at first that I couldn't figure out (until consulting the list) but it has since stopped, and the speedo is working fine.

I drove 150 miles on them this weekend, and they're still on. I don't know if I have 5 1/2- or 6-inch wheels.

We went to Poudre Canyon, northwest of Ft. Collins, and camped with friends; there was no fire ban up there and we camped right on the river with a small, responsible campfire. It was a great weekend and my van did very well, although I think next I need to make some bug screens!

We saw Yonder Mountain String Band up at Mishawaka Amphitheater in the canyon and saw a host of Vanagons--Syncros, beat-up GLs, and Westies. Probably 20 total. There was one campsite where three Westfalias had all parked together in a "u" shape and run a tarp between their poptops to create a giant awning.

There was another Westy that had been hit in the front, had no grille, and had square headlights on the driver's side and a round headlight on the passenger's. Necessity is the mother of invention, I guess.

Joe T. Denver, CO '85 GL 'bertha'

----Original Message Follows---- From: Chris S <mrvolkswagen@HOTMAIL.COM> Reply-To: Chris S <mrvolkswagen@HOTMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Gof/Jetta Hubcaps Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:49:37 +0000

>They're the Golf/Jetta 14" ones from 94-98, and I'm shocked at how much >better they make my Van look.

I tried hubcaps from a '95 Jetta this and couldn't make them clip into my the wheels. Hmmm....

So I went to a junkyard and got a set of perfectly used Vanagon hubcaps. They add years to my Camel. I love it!

Chris S. '85 Westy "Look Mister, you bought a camel. Don't expect it to prance like a stallion."