Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:36:16 -0500
From:         Lee Roesner <paradigm@ALLEGRAPRINTING.COM>
Subject:      big canopies
Comments: To: Brent Christensen <sbsyncro@hotmail.com>

Brent,

These setups are not meant for continuous "one night stands" by no means. Yes, that would get into a lot of work. These are for extended weekend trips at one location in the middle of a HOT summer fair ground (no shade). I learned my lesson last year :) Ohhhhhh baby!

Lee

Brent Christensen wrote: > > Hmm... Are you also buying a trailer to carry it? ;-) > I would imagine that it will be HUGE when rolled up and packed away. > > After years of fiddling with "poor man's awnings" and such, I have decided > that a nice Fiamma awning is in my Syncro's future... Spending the first > hour at every camp site (X two people) setting up canopies/awnings gets old > on a two week trip... ;-) > > Brent > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Lee Roesner" <paradigm@ALLEGRAPRINTING.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 1:59 PM > Subject: big canopies > > > I don't have a camper but for those hot van-show-camping-trips I am > > considering buying a 10' x 20' canopy (1 3/8" fence rail). I plan on NOT > > purchasing the leg rails and buy them separately at a hardware store but > > taller at about 7' (I will cut them in half for transport though and use > > sleeves to reassemble). The plan is to pull the van in - from one side - > > at one end of the canopy (and not the end), so I can open the sliding > > door and walk out into the rest of the canopy. It will keep the van cool > > in the shade and have ample room for even a small tent and tables. Below > > is a link to what I am thinking of. The tarp is opaque and will not let > > light in although there are other options...not bad at about $160. > > > > http://www.harpster-canopies.com/ > > > > Lee > > --

-- Lee Roesner Paradigm Graphic Design & Web Development 710-B Landwehr Road Northbrook, IL 60062

Phone 847-509-8704 Fax 847-480-5701 Portfolio: http://www.roesner.net/vw