Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:52:18 -0700
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Canadians beware! UPS are a bunch of crooks
Comments: To: 80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>

Chris, Didn't UPS call you to ask you who is your customs broker? They do this for me. I have a standard answer for them: "send it back to the shipper, I refuse the package" - they'll f___ you in the ear if they can. I never never get stuff sent via UPS and it is also on my account to refuse all collect shipments. They have a long record of bad things from me!

For those who are sending stuff to Canada or Canadians sending stuff to the USA I recommend that you use the Post Office. XpressPost in Canada is much cheaper than UPS and it is the same speed and it is traceable. The customer on the other end doesn't get dinged for brokerage fees (no escaping taxes thought unless you lie on the customs form - tisk tisk). Same as shipments from the USA - Expedited service is the way to send something - Purolator will deliver it to your door step!

They (UPS and Fed-Ex) will tell you that they are not a government run service like the post office and there for have to charge the 'real' cost of the customs service. Here is a piece of information for you all - Canada Post is NOT owned by the Canadian Government - they are owned by Purolator Currior and Purolator Currior does the customs stuff (same as UPS or Fed-Ex would be doing) - this is why XpressPost packages are quick and traceable as they are sent with the Purolator Courior packages and the discount comes from the "you have to pick it up at the Post Office / Mail Box" service level as opposed to a human handing it to you.

Also, YOU can personally clear the package.

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

- Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models