Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:54:40 -0500
From:         "Terry K." <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: other stuff to do during new PAINT JOB ?
Comments: To: patrice b <prb@TELEVAR.COM>

Patrice--

If you are doing a complete color change, it would be wise to remove all the glass too---to make sure the surfaces under the rubber mouldings are not corrodedor rusted, and to keep them that way---

For 2 g's you are getting one heck of a deal--inside and out, and all of the required body work included--

This is a big job-----no doubt---you did good--:>)

E-mail message

Hi Volks, I am having my 85 painted, since a few new dents were added during a trip in April (someone dinked the front passenger side in a hit and run in a parking lot, and I {cringe to admit} screwed my own driver's rear-side when I whacked a concrete pillar in a gas station...the only thing worse than loaning your vehicle to a friend and having him do that {as was reported here} is doing it yourself!!!) There are a few little dings here and there, and a couple of places on edges with rust starting, and almost the entire top of the van is peeled off down to (but not through) the primer grey. So it's time to make Vana Blue all nicely blue again. While I always wanted to drive a van I could call "Rosie", a color change is cost prohibitive (it's already gonna be $2000 US, including dent removal), what with the interior paint and sanding off all the old coat where it's still good ...I'm looking at the door seals and thinking it might be a good time for a couple of them them to be replaced, and wondering what else I haven't thought of that should be done before (or during) a paint job. Thoughts? --Patrice 85 "Vana Blue"