Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:03:08 -0700
From:         Ward Smith <wsmith@SAN.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: washing the van
Comments: To: "Terry K." <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>

All,

Sorry if I wasted the bw on this but I was just trying to show that it's the little things that cause people to give up and leave the list. The little racist comments, the bickering (yes this is partly my fault now), the small minded people who try and spread their hate and ideas...

I guess I don't have to stand up for people that are perfectly able to stand up for themselves. The spanish speaking people that you speak of can defend themselves next time they wash your bus, or B.M.W., or whatever car you are driving. I know that if I lived in Chicago, and was working at that car wash, and was habla'ing with my friends, I would be looking for you next time you came in.

As far as saying that all these people hate and despise one another; I doubt it. If they do, I'm sure that your words are certainly not helping the situation any. I think your small mindedness speaks for itself anyway, and you have done more to further my cause than I could ever do. Thank you.

Hope you all forgive and forget that I started all this.

Ward

"Why can't we all just TRY to get along"

Raul--

Let me tell you this--- my political theories,my racial thoughts , as well as my religious beliefs are none of your business---

However I will share this with you, and nothing more.

Chicago is the most racially, ethically divided, city in the nation.

Pollocks live here, and across the street, the blacks have they're ghetto---down the block, the Italians, Jews, Germans, Lithuanian's, on and on---

And each segment hates, and despises the other---and this is the way it has been, and still is, and this is the way it will be--

Now I used a generalization here--In no way shape or form describe these people a s Mexican, Puerto Rican, Brazilian, Chilean, Cuban, or Spanish, which any one of them could have easily been.

They were of some sort of Spanish decent----now make an issue out of that---

And I used that term as a generalization--nothing specific----nothing ventured, nothing assumed--which you did a very good job at---

Assume nothing---

This ethnic protection BS is a farce, and at best an excuse for you to vent your obvious frustrations---its obvious---and it stinks---

Go tell someone who cares---

Not me---

Regardless who did the job--my van was clean, and I was happy---and I will continue to take My BMW ( did that yesterday) and both my Vanagons to this obviously Spanish labor intense car wash, to keep them all at their glorious best---

Now what kind of problem do you have with that?

Terry--

http://community.webtv.net/CTONLINE/TerrysHighOnLife