Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:19:22 -0700
From:         Tracy Bonin <icculus22420@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: sounds like a go-cart
Comments: To: wilden1@JUNO.COM

If u didn't want to have "your door" darkened, then why did you even bother to awnser my post. (not that u did anyways considering that u didn't even awnser the question at hand, u just shot down my boyfriend whom u have never met) ( not to mention that if u read correctly it wasn't my boyfriend who told me about the plugs and rotors, it was his brother. ) In any case, I'm alot more mechanic friendly than most chicks that you will come across, but again I just go on what I learn from all the other shitty cars that I owned. I have to say that I probably know more than my boyfriend about cars.It's just not his territory And I've probably fixed more things on my cars by myself than most chicks that you will meet. I on the other hand try to do the best with what I know, and enjoy working on cars. In fact I'm surprised at the knowledge that I do have considering that I've had no other expierence or training. In fact I've been thinking about taking auto shop some where so that I can fix my bus by myself. Considering that I've only had my bus on the road since Feb, and have never owned a VW, I think that asking questions is only fair, especially considering that isn't what this list is for.!! Summary......don't make sexist comments about a chick who is only asking fair questions, and isn't a mechanic, and is trying to fix something that she has only owned for a short while. If you don't want to awnser my questions, then don't come "darking my door" with your rude comments. *If I took your message the wrong way, then let me know, and I'm sorry, but thats how I percieved it when I read it. Tracy 85" GL "Ripple" soon becoming a camper version

Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM> wrote: One of my neighbors recently (6 months ago) bought a 1978 VW Westfalia. It is a very nice looking van and she (lady attorney) ask if I'd be available to assist her in maintaining it. I did a few very minor things like a new sink water pump, new sink faucet and a pop top seal. I got paid for my efforts but I sent her elsewhere for her brake job. She really loves her little Westy and has spent generously to have the front suspension rebuilt, the windshield replaced, a new set of tires. If this lady had been a school teacher I'd probably done other work for her but being an attorney I calculated that she could negotiate better than me and arrive at fair deals for her required services. With my Westy in the driveway and often another Westy under restoration I know how these damn Vans and Westies seem to always be chipping at you and thanks to seven years of 83 Westy ownership I'm pretty much chiseled down to a lump. Her next expenditure is going to be on a Pop-Top canvas and that is one job I'd only do for myself. Summary: If you're a lady with a VW Bus, Van, Vanagon, Westy, Syncro please don't darken my door with your shadow.

Stan Wilder 83 Air Cooled Westfalia

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:01:58 -0600 "Blake C. Thornton" writes: > > had the o2 censor done a couple of mths ago. My boyfriends brother > > thought maybe it's the spark plugs and rotor. I had the plugs > > themselves done a few weeks ago. Any suggestions please....... > > I like Stan's idea to find a boyfriend that knows what he is doing. > I > suppose it would be alright if you found a girlfriend who knows she > is > doing as well. > > I'm voting on exhaust leak and I'm voting that whoever checked it > out > didn't know what they were looking for. Go-carts make the noise > they do > because of the exhaust and my van was making the same noise a few > weeks > ago until I plugged the holes in the exhaust system (bad gaskets). > > b >