Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:44:58 -0700
From:         Tracy Bonin <icculus22420@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: sounds like a go-cart

Tracy Bonin <icculus22420@yahoo.com> wrote: Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:43:41 -0700 (PDT) From: Tracy Bonin Subject: Re: sounds like a go-cart To: Craig Rogers

Hi, thanx for the advice, I think that I found out whats up, the 2 pipes that go up into the engine the gaskets are all old, and look as if they have fallen through or something. Looks as if the entire exaust will have to be taken out to fix. I will bring it to my mechanic to do this one. I just hope that nothing else breaks when he goes to take it out to fix, the pipes are very rusty. I have a feeling that before I came along the bus was sitting for awhile. I think this is gonna be expensive. Well at least the more stuff breaks while he's fixing it, the less I will hve to worry about in the future. Might as well do as much as possible. Yes, I love the GD, as well as Phish. My bus is a 85' GL. I painted the celing dark blue in the back and put stars and stuff up. In the front I did light blue, with sun designs. Me and my friends made cool curtains made out of tapestry material. I took the old rear bench seat out and put the bed version in. I recently took out the middle seat, and purchased the kitchenette unit, and a 5th seat. Now I just have to figure out how to put that in. I'm missing the propane tank, h20 tank and pump, and the guard that goes over the propane tank. I plan on painting it a nice green, and then having professionally done flames going down the sides, I want the flames to go into the GD space your face symbol on the passenger side, and the Phish symbol on the drivers side. I have a really nice stereo system in it too. Gotta have the tunes. So I got big plans for Ripple. But it'll look really cool when I'm done. have fun, Tracy 85' GL "Ripple" Craig Rogers <rogers23@optonline.net> wrote: Hi Tracy,

Don't let these jerks bother you.

The first thing you have to figure out is if the sound is from a leak or from a cylinder not firing. Both of which could be described similarly in sound. If there is a leak then you will be able to hear it when it in not under load (moving). So my guess is a cylinder not firing. Which could be due to what your friend said or several other things. You need to first determine if it is electrical or fuel related in nature. Take the plugs out and see if any of them look wet or oily or carbon coated and let me know.

I'm guessing you are into the GD by the name of your bus, also what year is it?

Best regards,

Craig Rogers ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tracy Bonin" To: Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 9:07 AM Subject: sounds like a go-cart