Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:33:43 -0700
From:         Neal Hansen <nhansen@DAKOTACOM.NET>
Subject:      Re: Instrument cluster.

Sounds like JB-Weld time. Mine has more grey remold stuff than OEM Black. Neal ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:01:27 -0400 From: David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET> Subject: Re: Instrument cluster.

At 01:52 PM 6/12/2002, mike ingle wrote: >I popped the dash, the black plastic holding the clock assembly has become >brittle and broken

Standard VW crappy hard plastic -- from that era at least. Either their molding engineers messed up the stress calculations for the screws, or the stuff gets extra brittle, or both.

>allowing the clock to move back when I attempt to adjust >it. I held the clock from the back and adjusted. So far it seems to keep >time OK.

Good. The clock in my '84 (before I shifted to a cluster with tach) was the most accurate clock I've ever seen -- had a rate of maybe a second a month. I miss it (but not as much as I like the tach).

david

-- David Beierl - Providence, RI http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '84 Westy "Dutiful Passage" '85 GL "Poor Relation"