Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Jun 2002 00:27:54 -0700
From:         Jim Ellis <ellisjames@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Concept Bus animations- Spare list- New folder

New_Bus & Concept folder has been created within the "Files" aHref link of the SPARE list. It is further described as "Factory prototype and customized suggestions." It is intended to house conceptual art and styling ideas of how you think the new CONCEPT bus/van ought to look. Photoshop, Corel Draw, 3D StudioMax, Itedo's IsoDraw or MacDraw 1.0 if that's all you have.

I have added three out-put formats of the same Flash animation. The .swf format will be the quickest to load. It is a simple morph between the factory trade show photo and a refined variation of the rough idea that at one point in time was posted on vwvortex. I took more design liberties and changed the height of the body, tubbed and tucked the wheels, changed the front end to put the turn indicators up where they "belong", utilized the newbeetle headlights that someone previous to me thought of, and refined the classic "V" shape that, to me, is mandatory for a retro bus and dropped the slider runner to below the "beltline". This Photoshop and Flash work was originally done back in January, 2001. Now, to get VWAG/VWOA to do one up in a W8 powered AWD Synchro (Double slider) Dormobile variation that sold for $25,000 USD including a 100,000 km 10 year end to end "no questions asked-we will fix it" warranty, dual side tents plus one for the aft end shower and I'd be camping out waiting for it today. =) Jim Ellis BTW: Way back in prehistory I used to be know by a nom de plume "vanbondo".