Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Jun 2002 18:55:00 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Canadians beware! UPS are a bunch of crooks [adr]
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>

My experience followed Ron's.

I had a production porcelain studio in Alaska for many years and shipped our north country porcelain figurines that we made all down into Canada. We were told my the buyers (we only sold to other businesses engaged in tourism trade and art collectibles) To ship only by Air Mail. Any other means was both to costly and to slow. Costly with all the tariffs, brokerage fees, and customs fees. Slow because of the conduct of the operations of customs, and brokers. So, airmail it was. Only had one problem ever with the Air Mail method, and in that case we simply decided to eat it, given our success rate.

Only drawback was... and this has probably changed over the years .... we could not insure our shipments going in by Air Mail. But we never had but one problem of significance in ten years.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver