Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Jun 2002 23:29:14 -0400
From:         Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Canadian Shipping Whining---
Comments: To: Terry Kay <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>

Constructive and irreproachable reply MR. "T"! I do follow your very instructive post. The system sucks, true! Bashing otters too!

>>You sound like a little whining kid, not getting to play with the ball<< I think I have goods personal reasons as a Canadian to do so. (No offence) and do a bit of research before bashing others.

And yes I do inform all my customers about the so call "surprise" broker fee. I pay everything before shipping!!! They are charge the approximate broker fee before and I cover from my pocket any over charge by those suckers. I send between 10 and 40 package to the USA every day. http://www.eurokitplane.com/usa_shipping.htm

Ex.: I did an order not so long ago from Volkscafe, I was hesitating between Bow Wow in BC and Volkscafe in CA. The prices look more attractive at Volkscafe even with the money exchange so I ordered with them, I forgot about the broker fee!!! When the order arrive here, I end up paying a bit more, about 30$ on a $250 order. My mistake, I did not do enough research. But I don't really care, as the service from those guys was amazing. The conclusion is that both parties (the customer and the retailer) should do an effort to be as precise (in regards of shipping and broker fee) as possible.

Lets stay polite and friendly and stop this thread right now. I can be a pain in the ass, a lot worse than you can imagine. Don't make me quit this list. (Erasing FTP'S files take 5 second's)

Regards, Ben