Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:56:42 -0700
From:         Donna Stewart <DStewart@CHRM.COM>
Subject:      Re: heater always on
Comments: To: afox@CNR.COLOSTATE.EDU

Actually I did get control valve and control wire from the dealer - don't remember the cost. Do it yourself because almost everyone, including the dealer, screws it up (that's how my heat's been stuck on for years now).

>>> Andrew Fox <afox@CNR.COLOSTATE.EDU> 06/17/02 08:23AM >>> Buy the control valve from one of the list vendors such as www.vanagain.com, or bus depot. These guys are our only hope. Your probably won't be able to get it anywhere else. Hell i can't even get these parts from my local VW dealer, and when i do need something it takes a week to get and is grossly overpriced- thanks VW for screwing me again! Get the control wire too and hook it upt the dash. It seems to be impossible to turn off all the air coming out of the vents on the Vanagon so you need to be able to control the temperature of the air coming out.

and welcome to the wonderful world of vanagons! Andrew Fox 86' Westy > > Now it's summer time and I notice the heater will not shut off, the hot > air blows constantly.............. Droped the spare and notice that the > heater control valve has been removed and the hose is straight spliced > so the hot water was going thru the heater core constantly plus the > control wire is not anywhere in sight.......... > > Now how about one of you folks out there give me some suggestions. I > look in my Bently on page 80.16 and the digigram as I interpert shows > the heater control valve as item # 6. My heating systen has no > additional heating unit so I beleive I need to just add the valve and > hook up some kind of control wite to it........Not necessarily to the > original control pannel............ > > Now This dealer dosen't have a clue of what I look like but when I go > out to Reno to visit my nephew this summer I am going to pay him a visit > ............... Pay back is a Bi_ _ h, and with me it's not an eye for > an eye, it's an eye for a tooth. If one of you folks can e me your > telephone # I will phone you and talk about my heater set > up..............Or give me some input via the list or p-mail > > Thanks for the help & thanks for the list. Clarence. 90 westy multi. >