Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:37:31 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: 87 Westy fridge wireing question
Comments: To: j <lemore@YAHOO.COM>

The wire you refer to is the one used to trigger the pilot light LED on the kitchen LED panel. It comes from the thermocouple and carries a tiny electrical signal which is amplified by a chip in the LED panel and then used to drive the pilot indicator LED.

You can certainly run the fridge on propane without putting it back into the Westy. The fridge will run in propane mode with no external electrical source needed to light or run. All it needs is propane at the correct pressure and this means using a source with a pressure regulator set to 10-11 inches of water.

Mark

j wrote: > > Hi all, > I've searched a million places, scoured my Bently > and any Dometic manuals I can find, but I'm still > stumped. > As the norm, the fridge in my '87 Westy runs fine > on AC, questionable on DC and won't light on gas. So > I pulled it to clean and inspect. And came up with > the following questions. > 1.) Has anyone found a way to test the fridge on gas > without putting it back in? I'd like to know if this > is possible b/c it is kind of a pain in the arse to > get in and out. > 2.) I've seen and read all the usual tips and tricks, > but has anyone come across a truly great one? :) > 3.) This is my real question: Attached to the gas > control unit (the little button you press and hold > while operating the piezo lighter on the pump knob) is > a single black wire. This little black wire runs off > to under the sink where it just disappears into a > larger loom of wires and off into who knows where. > Now, I'm grabbing at straws here b/c I can not get the > fridge to work on gas at all, but I have no idea what > this wire is. I can find no reference to it in any > literature and no one seems to know it. Does anyone > know what this is and do I need it. If a picture(s) > would help please contact me directly and I will post > some. Thanks for any help, > j > > ===== > www.vaef.com > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup > http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com